Saturday, November 5, 2011

KEEPING THIS THANG FRESH

Sometimes in relationships we forget how important it is to keep your partner interested. What made them fall in love with you in the first place? Well I can remember when my husband and I first met. He would come into my place place of work and I would blush so hard. I finally confessed to a mutual friend that I was interested, and found out he was too. We began to date and became really close.One of the things that really made me attracted to him was how he kept himself well groomed and how he was so well mannered. Every date he would open doors for me, and believe it or not he prayed with me everytime we got in the car together. His behavior was very different for me. But something that really caught my eye was how in love he was with God. We were both 20yrs old so this was very unusual for someone his age, and I loved that about him. As for me, I would always make sure my hair was on point, my nails were done, and everything about me was well put together from head to toe. I cooked for him and we enjoyed really long and interesting conversations often. This is how we grew to love each other and we both had been missing these things in past relationships. I can honestly say that we still do all these things for each other after 5 yrs of being together. Although we dont have a perfect marriage, we still compliment each other, flirt, talk on the phone, go on dates and still do all the things we did that made us fall in love with one another. The point we are trying to make is, some people treat their relationships like video games. They work so hard to make to it the final level, and after losing couple times and having to start over, they finally win. Then the game is over and you no longer feel the need to put that same effort into the relationship because you won your mates heart. You have to continue to take those same extra steps you used to take when you first started dating. Call each other just to see how their day is going so far, open doors for your lady. Go out on dates and flirt and compliment each other. These things keeps your relationship fresh and keeps you both interested.


                                                                                             The Jones'
What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. First I can say that I played part in this relationship being brought together. So thank you Dondre for all your help and support. Hey Dondre no problem Just call me the LOVE DOCTOR. Now since we got that out the way this too is a very touchy issue for some couples. I too still do the samething for my wife that I did before we got married. I am just a believer that if you put forth the effort on the front end then its important to your spouse to continue it throughout your marriage. Many wives suffer because of this because some men think will hey I got her now so whats the big deal. Some men never take a look from the other side of the table that's why you have these women that step out on their husbands. Because all these women are looking for those things that their man used to do. In a sence men play as indian givers because they offer something that their women like then down the line they take it back and leave their wives high and dry. With the hopes and dreams that their husbands will just do a few of those things that it once took to get them. Some things just come natural and is apart of who that man is thats why your man still sends you text messages when your in the other room or gives you a card just because they love you or hold you in there arm when it's that time of the month. It's not because we are putting on a front but it's because that just who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Dondre!! We wouldn't be together without your big mouth lol .. its because of you tavaris found out he was my baby daddy lol.. just kidding.. we are truly thankful for great friends like you and the mrs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know I do I can when I can. It's just a blessing to see that God is still ordaining marriages. And that people are still willing to do it the right way. God's Way

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true. Tavaris baby brother swept me off my feet as well with his respectful charismatic ways. When we first started talking he bent over backwards for me, gave me his last and I did the same. I waited to see how long it would last and a year and four months later he is still my dream man and I am still his dream lady. I know that we will hit our rough patches but I think the this long distance relationship has made us appreciate each other more and cherish every moment we can have with one another. Even if it is a simple text in the morning saying "I love you" (even though he gets on me forget on my rushing days lol). But thanks for this blog. I will remember this if I ever feel like slacking. Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing with us Sonia. We wish you and Marvin blessings and happiness in you future. Remember to continue to have faith and keep god in your relationship always. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to see that there are some Good men still left out there. (Like Me,Tavaris and Lil Marvin)I take my hat off to you guys because yall hung in there against all odds. And your marriage and FUTURE marriage will allow people to see that LOVE is still out there.

    ReplyDelete